How To Convert Files To JPEG
JPEG files are a standard type of digital image files that are compressed to save hard drive space. Typically, you will need to convert a photo image file to a JPEG if you are going to upload it to a website or send it over email.
HowSpot.com recommends using GIMP to convert your files to JPEG. GIMP supports nearly any file format and makes it easy to convert to the format you need. Follow the instructions below to convert your photo image file to JPEG.
- 1Download and install GIMP. GIMP is a free open-source photo editing software.
- 2Click File > Open and locate the file you wish to convert to JPEG.
- 3Once the file is opened, click File > Save As.
- 4In the prompt that opens, click Select File Type to open a list of a file formats.
- 5Click on JPEG image to convert your file.
- 6Click Export.