How To Download Free Music
$0.99 per song doesn’t sound like a lot of money at first, but after a dozen or more songs, that price tag adds up. Unknown to many, there are a vast number of sources of free music on the Internet. Take advantage of these resources and start saving cash today!
Almost every major music outlet that sells digital audio also have a way for you to download free music. These sites often have a wide variety of free tracks to download. Explore these sites for the latest songs and albums from your favorite artists—you might even discover some new music while you’re at it!
- iTunes features free new music from emerging artists. They also have sales—which can sometimes result in free music!
- Amazon has a very large selection of free MP3s that changes regularly.
- Google Play Music also offers a rotating selection of free songs to download.
- Songbird features free downloads of songs and albums by new and old artists.
Free Music Downloads From Music Communities
Music communities are a great resource to find new (and usually free) music. Oftentimes, bands will upload their tracks here and offer them for free so that they can distribute their music and build a fan base. If you like it, write a positive review and share it with your friends!
- SoundCloud offers a great selection of free music downloads. Make sure you review what is offered carefully because some bands only make a limited amount of tracks available for free.
- Last.fm offers a variety of free music from a diverse group of artists. Last.fm is also compatible with Songbird, so any songs you download from Last.fm can be managed in your Songbird library.
Free Music Downloads From YouTube
You listen to music and watch music videos on YouTube, but did you know that you can convert the audio tracks into MP3s for your own use? Visit a YouTube to MP3 conversion site and you’ll be rocking out in no time.
- Find your song you would like to convert on YouTube.
- Visit URLtoFile.com—a free YouTube to MP3 conversion site.
- Copy the YouTube video’s URL.
- Paste it into the input field. Click Convert To MP3.
- Save your file.
- Transfer it to your Songbird music library.